Sunfire HRSIW8 In Wall Subwoofer Amplifier
In 1972, graduate student Bob Carver turned an ordinary classroom assignment into the beginning of the iconic brand of home audio products that is Carver Audio. That assignment - to build a machine that would simulate earthquakes - became the springboard for a four-decade run of innovative 'firsts' and 'onlys' that have continually raised the benchmark for the entire home audio industry. Headquartered in California, Core Brands is a division of the Nortek Technology Solutions Segment and combines the product and marketing strengths of ten iconic audio, power management and control brands. These include the ATON®, BlueBOLT®, ELAN®, Furman®, Niles®, Panamax®, Proficient®, SpeakerCraft®, Sunfire® and Xantech® brands. Core Brands has more than 190 years of combined experience in the residential, commercial and professional markets and over 4,300 direct customer accounts in multiple distribution channels in the United States and around the world.
The Sunfire HRSIW8 520 Watt Subwoofer Amplifier is wrapped in a cabinet so thin and sophisticated that you can use every one of those Watts with virtually no mechanical vibration whatsoever. And bass performance that can play your movies, music and games with the kind of accurate reproduction that shows no favouritism. A ‘Credit Card’ Sized Remote Control with One-Button, Pre-Programmed Sound Modes is included.
The amplifier is designed to supply speaker-level power to the Sunfire HRSIW8 in-wall subwoofer, to produce stunning low frequency effects for your home cinema.
What allows the Sunfire In Wall 8 to rock your world without rocking your drywall and your family’s nerves along with it is an exclusive Sunfire technology called StillBass®. Originally designed for the unbridled power of the SubRosa, StillBass allows Sunfire to pack more power and performance into their in-wall subwoofers than any competitor products. And since the bass is what makes the biggest difference in your music, movies and games the In Wall 8 System is a force to be reckoned with. It is designed for easy retrofit mounting is supplied with a paintable magnetic white grille.
The HRS-IW8 Amp boasts 520 Watts RMS of power, can drive 2 of the HRS-IW8 Cabinets and includes Sunfire's Frequency Filtration Design (FFD) for detailed, high fidelity playback for all source content.
- 500 Watt, all-discrete Class-D switching amplifier for maximum robustness
- DSP system equalisation for perfect frequency response
- DSP adjustable crossover with 40-160Hz range and your choice of 12-36 dB/octave slopes
- DSP adjustable subsonic filter adjustable from flat to 40 Hz
- DSP adjustable phase
- DSP soft limiter prevents any clipping at the speaker and limits to 1.5% THD
- Two line-level XLR balanced inputs
- Two line-level RCA unbalanced inputs
- Five-way gold-plated speaker binding posts
- DSP settings can be locked/unlocked
- DSP display includes graphic volume display
- DSP menus and settings can be scrolled through and selected by the front panel knob and IR remote control
- Storage and recall of DSP settings
- SUB/LFE mode control
- Smart standby power supply that servo-controls the main amplifier power for less than a half watt draw from the household mains during standby
- Amplifier Power Output: 520 Watts RMS
- Crossover Adjustment: 30-100Hz inf. var.
- Phase Adjustment: 0-180° inf. var.
- Connections: XLR, RCA and high-level speaker inputs, 12V trigger input
- IEC power cable, International voltage selector
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 432 x 44 x 284mm
- Weight: 8 Kg
Other products you might be interested in
Sunfire HRSIW8 In Wall Subwoofer
Sunfire HRSIW8 In Wall Subwoofer System