Speakercraft Profile Aim LCR5 FIVE Series 2
SpeakerCraft was formed thirty years ago by a group of dedicated individuals with a passion for sound. They've developed a brand based on the ever-expanding need for quality sound in the home. They proclaim their credentials today as the largest supplier of custom installed audio/video products in the world. They've manufactured and sold literally millions of loudspeakers.
SpeakerCraft's goal is to develop innovative designs that utilise state-of-the-art components and materials. Their efforts earn numerous industry awards for products that leap forward to bring tomorrow's technology today. They were first to invent in-wall speaker installation systems that don't require installing brackets, and they have greatly improved the high frequency response of in-ceiling speakers by inventing WavePlane. They were first to introduce pivoting tweeters; on some of the latest models, even the whole speaker pivots whilst still remaining flush with the ceiling. These innovations help reduce the placement concerns of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.
With SpeakerCraft you'll enjoy beautiful interiors without sacrificing sound or quality, and with the comfort of knowing that through Ceiling-Speakers.co.uk, their speakers carry a lifetime guarantee.
- Price per speaker: £1,064.00
- Speaker type: Mono
- Power type: Passive
- Enclosure type: Open design
- Guarantee period: Lifetime
- Other applications: Home Cinema
- Alignment with ceiling: Flat
- Visible shape: Rectangular
- Visible colour: White (Paintable)
- Overall dimension: 461mm x 229mm
- Cutout dimension: 430mm x 197mm
- Overall depth: 99mm
- Mounting depth: 99mm
- Frequency range: 48hz - 22khz
- Impedance: 8 - 8 Ohms
- Compatible amplifier: 20 - 190 Watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 91dB
Speaker Driver Information
- Tweeter: 3 pivoting
- Bass: 2 pivoting (134mm)
Controls & Adjustments
Aim Series 2 In-Wall LCR Speaker with dual 134mm Kevlar Bass drivers and 25mm Titanium Dome Tweeters employs the all-new Arrayed Point Source™ (APS) Tweeter Module. The APS module incorporates three pivoting titanium dome tweeters mounted in a rotational sound baffle to precisely focus the high frequency sound into the targeted listening area, reducing unwanted reflections. The bass drivers are angled within the assembly for enhanced clarity in the vocal frequencies.
The AIM LCR5 FIVE Series 2 takes the key technologies developed for the AIM Series 2 in-ceiling line and applies them to the new LCR speakers, with the technology delivering an exceptional home cinema experience.
And the AIM2LCR55 uses SpeakerCraft’s Acoustic Isolation Technology to minimise acoustic energy transfer to the mounting and surrounding surfaces.
The new AIM2LCR55 employs the all-new Arrayed Point Source™ (APS) Tweeter Module. The APS module incorporates three pivoting titanium dome tweeters mounted in a rotational sound baffle to precisely focus the high frequency sound into the targeted listening area, reducing unwanted reflections. Like their AIM Series 2 in-ceiling counterparts, the extra surface area from the three tweeters enables a lower crossover point; this delivers extra sound pressure in the midrange frequencies critical for crisp, clear dialog.
The AIM2LCR55 is designed to pair with the ATX100 Height Speaker to create a Dolby Atmos® enabled system, part number: ATS500.
- Flangeless Appearance with Magnetically Attached, Low Profile, Full Coverage Trimless Grille
- 2-Way Speaker Compliment in MTM (Mid-Tweet-Mid) Alignment
- Extended Pole Pieces
- Forced Convection Cooling
- Core periphery vents with flux modulation control geometry
- 4 Layer High Inductance Voice Coil
- Controlled inductance for a smoother power response
- Copper Clad Aluminium Voice Coil (CCAW)
- FEA Optimized Woven Kevlar Cones
- High Loss Butyl Surrounds
- Deep Motor Design
- Kapton Formers
- Arrayed Point Source (APS) Tweeter Module
- Incorporating Three (3) Pivot-able, 1" Custom Titanium Dome Tweeters
- Mounted on a Rotational Sound Baffle for Custom Sound Steering
- 2nd and 3rd Order Asymmetrical Crossover Design
- Pivotable Sound Baffle for Precise AIM-ability of Acoustic Energy for Primary Assembly
- AIT (Acoustic Isolation Technology) to Minimize Acoustic Energy Transfer to Mounting and Surrounding Surfaces