SONOS is a US company founded in 2002 to pioneer wireless audio systems, where they have assumed their position as the undoubted market leaders. The SONOS wireless Hi-Fi audio system delivers full-bodied sound thatís crystal clear at any volume as well as access to an almost unlimited amount of music from a wide variety of audio sources. It combines Hi-Fi sound quality and rock-solid wireless connectivity in a smart system that is easy to set-up, control and expand. The system is controlled with one simple app. developed by Sonos and subject to frequent free updates offering better sound quality or functionality. Multiple zones can be played independently of one another or simultaneously. There are three main types of player in the SONOS system: all-in-one players such as the Play:1, Play:3, Play:5 and ONE, the Connect for integrating other audio brands into the Sonos network, and the Connect:Amp for use with other brands of speakers (including ceiling speakers). There is also a SONOS PlayBar (Soundbar), Playbase and Subwoofer to complete the system. The Connect:Amp makes a virtually invisible speaker solution possible because it can be located out of sight, anywhere in your home. This could be in a cupboard, in the loft, or under the stairs. Then you simply connect appropriate ceiling speakers to play music absolutely anywhere you want without the ugly boxes in every room. Music in bathrooms, wet rooms and even outdoors is possible, and you can even connect your TV's audio to give you great TV sound through your virtually invisible speakers.
Typical Soundbars work best when wall-mounted directly below a TV. However, most TVs end up on stands and furniture, which is the scenario that the Sonos Playbase was created for. Its low profile design practically vanishes beneath your TV, yet it fills your viewing room with great sound. It encompasses great sound as well as easy and high quality music streaming for TVs on stands and furniture.
The PlayBase features 10 Class-D digital amplifiers for its internal speaker drivers Ė six mid-range, three tweeters, and one bass driver, and replaces the limited output of modern-day TV speakers with deeper bass, crystal-clear treble and huge waves of sound.
SPEECH ENHANCEMENT SETTING: Keeps dialogue volume consistent while reducing the intensity of loud sound effects. So you can clearly understand even the faintest whisper.
NIGHT SOUND SETTING: Donít want to disturb the rest of the house? Turn on Night Sound. At lower volumes, quiet sounds get a slight boost while loud ones are automatically reduced.
PLAYBASE securely supports TVs up to 35 kg, which covers just about any TV that comes with its own stand.
- Optical input to connect to your TV. Allows PLAYBASE to work with DOLBY DIGITAL and stereo.
- Adjustable bass, treble, and loudness controls to customise your sound preferences
- Autoplay setting lets you choose whether or not TV audio will begin playback automatically
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 58 x 720 x 380 mm
- Weight: 8.6 kg
- Touch-interface controls & lights
- Capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, and play/pause
- LED indicates Sonos component status and mute status
- Streams over wi-fi, not Bluetooth, so the music never stops Ė even if you get a phone call
- Add SUB and two PLAY:1 rear speakers for wireless 5.1 surround sound
- Simple two-cord setup. One for power, one for your TV.