Monitor Audio SB-4 Soundbar
Monitor Audio is a British owned specialist in hi-fi loudspeaker design, incorporating stereo and surround sound systems, and a range of sonically matched installation speakers for ultra discreet high quality sound around the home and outside.
Whatever your taste and budget, youll discover a Monitor Audio speaker that, with a combination of superior design and build, offers great sound. Since hi-fi was in its infancy, Monitor Audio has dedicated all their technical expertise, innovation and craftsmanship to the creation of world-class loudspeakers.
By consistently refining and applying their technologies, Monitor Audio has become the worlds foremost expert in developing metal dome drivers. Metal is not the easiest material to work with, which is why many of their competitors choose paper or plastic. But it does have amazing properties for more life-like sound reproduction.
The C-CAM® drivers used in many of their speakers are very light, but very rigid and strong. This magical mix of properties leaves them light enough to respond to the finest musical nuance and tough enough to stay in shape while resisting the extreme bending forces of deep bass frequency reproduction. They can also be designed much smaller than conventional drivers and still reproduce, without distortion, sounds way beyond the limits of human audibility.
WE REGRET THAT MONITOR AUDIO PRODUCTS ARE FOR SALE IN THE UK AND THE CHANNEL ISLANDS ONLY.
- Price per speaker: £700.00
- Speaker type: Stereo
- Power type: Passive
- Enclosure type: Closed design
- Guarantee period: Lifetime
- Weight: 12kg
- Music, Home Cinema
- Other applications: On-Wall
- Alignment with ceiling: Surface Mounted
- Visible shape: Rectangular
- Visible colour: Black
- Overall dimension: 1562mm x 145mm
- Overall depth: 88mm
- Mounting depth: 88mm
- Frequency range: 70hz - 30khz
- Impedance: 8 - 8 Ohms
- Compatible amplifier: 30 - 100 Watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 87dB
- Sound pressure: 104dB
Speaker Driver Information
- Tweeter: 3 fixed flat
- Bass: 6 fixed flat (102mm)
Controls & Adjustments
The new SB-4 passive soundbar is designed to provide a visually balanced, audio solution for 70 inch screens and larger, this stylish, high performance, passive soundbar is ideal for installers keen to deliver premium performance in media room applications.
The SB-4 incorporates a series of clever technical features and design innovations which demonstrate Monitor Audio’s revered attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Ease of installation is another key advantage of the SB-4. High quality, low profile binding posts provide an easy and trouble free connection, with the terminals recessed neatly to enable a flush to wall installation. The terminal panel also houses standard fixing points compatible with SANUS TV mounts, with many options for TV and wall installation. Wall mounting is also possible using Monitor Audio’s low-profile wall mount bracket with cable access, easy pre-alignment and fixing template.
The SB-4 is designed to be used with a partnering sub-woofer and crossed over to provide the best possible experience and increased system power handling. Alternatively, the soundbar can be used independently to deliver an impressive uplift in TV audio performance with only a slightly reduced power handling.
- Drive Unit Complement:- All Channels: 2 x 100mm C-CAM cone bass/mid driver, 2 x 25mm C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- Bass Alignment:- Left and Right Channels: 1 x Auxiliary Bass Reflex (ABR) Loading.
Centre Channel: 2 x Auxiliary Bass Reflex (ABR) Loading
- All MDF construction. Internally braced for additional rigidity
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet
- Wrap around acoustically open, black cloth finish with solid brushed Silver aluminium end trims – provides stealthy appearance for perfect placement near a TV
- Neat terminal panel with high quality, low profile gold plated binding post terminals
- High quality crossovers utilising polypropylene capacitors and low loss laminated steel core inductors
- Designed to fit SANUS TV mounting systems
- Optional sturdy wall bracket with cable hole access and template installation
- Low profile Silicon rubber feet integrated for secure cabinet top placement