Monitor Audio ICS-8 Subwoofer
Monitor Audio is a British owned specialist in hi-fi loudspeaker design, incorporating stereo and surround sound systems, and a range of sonically matched installation speakers for ultra discreet high quality sound around the home and outside. WE REGRET THAT MONITOR AUDIO PRODUCTS ARE FOR SALE IN THE UK AND CHANNEL ISLANDS ONLY.
The Monitor Audio ICS-8 subwoofer enables system-enhancing bass from the most visually discreet of settings. Developed primarily to complement the Monitor Audio CF230 speaker system, the ICS-8 fits into ceiling and wall cavities and under floors, enhancing the CF230 driver array and providing punchy bass from 40 Hz to 120 Hz.
Exclusively available with its specially designed pre-construction to allow a precise edge to plaster and finish, the ICS-8 follows the same visual appearance as the CF230, with round and square flush fit grille options on offer. Integrators can combine an IC8-S with a CF230 system, fit grilles to match and create a stunning sounding audio system from a practically invisible, yet extensive, speaker set up.
The ICS-8’s 20 cm long throw driver uses Monitor Audio’s renowned C-CAM cone technology to help ensure excellent reliability, as well as outstanding audio performance. Angled internally in the rigid MDF enclosure to reduce the ICS-8’s overall box height, this specially designed driver operates in the small bandpass area, treating listeners to tuneful, punchy bass.
This design provides the performance of 20 cm subwoofer from but a 10 cm grille opening. The ICS-8 is used in mainly pre-construction installations, when and where access can be made and when afforded sufficient joist depth and spacing. This set up allows the Monitor Audio subwoofer to breathe new audio life into an old environment.
In new projects, the CFB3-R and CFB3-SQ pre-construction kit makes installation a thoroughly rewarding process. Integrators simply mount the bracket, which enables the cutting of the cut-out hole, and – after the plasterboard is fitted – allows them to secure the tube to the d-ring. The ‘mud bank’ fits to the plasterboard prior to plastering, and the plastering shield allows skimming up to, and very slightly over, the entire bracket. When dry, integrators sand back the area around the aperture to reveal a beautifully precise, clean edge. The resulting fit, especially when the grille is painted to match the ceiling colour, is perfectly discreet, with no edges or shadow to catch the eye.
The Monitor Audio CF230 speaker is the perfect visual and audio match for the ICS-8 subwoofer. Combine the ICS-8 with a maximum of eight CF230s, providing the sub with a single/mono channel of amplification, and you can create a sensational sound system, which operates with aplomb out of incredibly unobtrusive openings. With regards to power, the Monitor Audio IA150-8C eight channel DSP amplifier effortlessly drives six CF230s with two spare channels to take charge of a single ICS-8, or even a pair of the new subwoofers.
The ICS-8 subwoofer further demonstrates Monitor Audio’s commitment to designing and building discreet speaker systems which deliver on all three fronts – fit, finish, and performance.
- Architectural, discreet pre-construction subwoofer
- Can be installed in ceiling, under-floor or suitable cavities
- Delivers powerful bass down to 40Hz
- Complements the CF230 in a full-range 2.1 system
- High-performance, long throw 20cm driver, featuring C-CAM cone technology
- Flush fit mounting kit
- Designed to complement flush-fit downlighting systems
- Round and square grille options
- Sealed bandpass enclosure design - stops ingress of dirt and building materials
- Silicon rubber damping pads fitted to cabinet
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 40 Hz – 120 Hz
- Sensitivity ([email protected]): 85 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 107 dB
- Power Handling (RMS) :150 W (full range – IEC268-5 rating)
- Crossover Recommendation: Low pass filter at 120 Hz, 12-24 dB/Octave
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 150 W
- Drive Unit Complement: 20 cm long throw C-CAM bass driver
- Box Dimensions: 396 x 280 x 235mm
- Vent Dimensions: 427 mm long x 75 mm diameter
- Supplied with a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser.
Other products you might be interested in