Monitor Audio CP-IW260X
Monitor Audio is a British owned specialist in hi-fi loudspeaker design, incorporating stereo and surround sound systems, and a range of sonically matched installation speakers for ultra discreet high quality sound around the home and outside.
Whatever your taste and budget, youll discover a Monitor Audio speaker that, with a combination of superior design and build, offers great sound. Since hi-fi was in its infancy, Monitor Audio has dedicated all their technical expertise, innovation and craftsmanship to the creation of world-class loudspeakers.
By consistently refining and applying their technologies, Monitor Audio has become the worlds foremost expert in developing metal dome drivers. Metal is not the easiest material to work with, which is why many of their competitors choose paper or plastic. But it does have amazing properties for more life-like sound reproduction.
The C-CAM® drivers used in many of their speakers are very light, but very rigid and strong. This magical mix of properties leaves them light enough to respond to the finest musical nuance and tough enough to stay in shape while resisting the extreme bending forces of deep bass frequency reproduction. They can also be designed much smaller than conventional drivers and still reproduce, without distortion, sounds way beyond the limits of human audibility.
WE REGRET THAT MONITOR AUDIO PRODUCTS ARE FOR SALE IN THE UK AND THE CHANNEL ISLANDS ONLY.
- Price per speaker: £850.00
- Speaker type: Mono
- Power type: Passive (Bi-ampable)
- Enclosure type: Closed design
- Guarantee period: Lifetime
- Other applications: Kitchen, Music, Home Cinema
- Alignment with ceiling: Flat
- Visible shape: Rectangular
- Visible colour: White (Paintable)
- Overall dimension: 907mm x 257mm
- Cutout dimension: 880mm x 230mm
- Overall depth: 102mm
- Mounting depth: 96mm
- Frequency range: 50hz - 30khz
- Impedance: 4.5 - 6 Ohms
- Compatible amplifier: 60 - 150 Watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 89dB
- Sound pressure: 113.8dB
Speaker Driver Information
- Tweeter: 1 pivoting
- Mid: 2 fixed flat
- Bass: 2 fixed flat (102mm)
Controls & Adjustments
- Frequency Controls: High, Mid
- Boundary compensation
Introducing the latest drive-unit technologies in compact three-way, five-driver configurations, built into closed-box designs.
- Fitted with acoustically-sealed cast-polymer back boxes provides the structural integrity required to preserve their exceptional sound quality and to ensure a ‘Controlled Performance’ wherever they’re installed
_ The closed-box design limits the transmission of sound between walls and floors, reducing the need for sound isolation in the wall cavity.
- Offering high efficiency with high power handling for class-leading sound pressure levels, combined with the dynamic wide-band response, deep bass extension and low distortion usually expected of specialised floor-standing speakers.
- Separate bi-wire terminations for the bass/mid and tweeter networks offer a superior level of system design flexibility for high-end custom installation, and the dedicated audiophile.
- Additional sound flexibility is offered with HF and midrange attenuation, together with a boundary compensation switch to fine-tune in-room response.
- Dual 165mm C-CAM bass drivers.
- Dual 102mm C-CAM® mid-range drivers featuring underhung voice coil.
- 25mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter.
- Portrait or landscape orientation.