Monitor Audio CF230
Monitor Audio is a British owned specialist in hi-fi loudspeaker design, incorporating stereo and surround sound systems, and a range of sonically matched installation speakers for ultra discreet high quality sound around the home and outside.
Whatever your taste and budget, youll discover a Monitor Audio speaker that, with a combination of superior design and build, offers great sound. Since hi-fi was in its infancy, Monitor Audio has dedicated all their technical expertise, innovation and craftsmanship to the creation of world-class loudspeakers.
By consistently refining and applying their technologies, Monitor Audio has become the worlds foremost expert in developing metal dome drivers. Metal is not the easiest material to work with, which is why many of their competitors choose paper or plastic. But it does have amazing properties for more life-like sound reproduction.
The C-CAM® drivers used in many of their speakers are very light, but very rigid and strong. This magical mix of properties leaves them light enough to respond to the finest musical nuance and tough enough to stay in shape while resisting the extreme bending forces of deep bass frequency reproduction. They can also be designed much smaller than conventional drivers and still reproduce, without distortion, sounds way beyond the limits of human audibility.
WE REGRET THAT MONITOR AUDIO PRODUCTS ARE FOR SALE IN THE UK AND THE CHANNEL ISLANDS ONLY.
- Price per speaker: £260.00
- Speaker type: Mono
- Power type: Passive
- Enclosure type: Closed design
- Guarantee period: 60 months
- Weight: 0.3kg
- Bathrooms, Kitchen, Music, Home Cinema, Speakers for SONOS
- Other applications: Wall
- Alignment with ceiling: Flat
- Visible shape: Circular
- Visible colour: White (Paintable)
- Overall diameter: 112mm
- Cutout diameter: 90mm
- Overall depth: 83.5mm
- Mounting depth: 83.5mm
- Frequency range: 100hz - 25khz
- Impedance: 8 - 8 Ohms
- Compatible amplifier: 10 - 30 Watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 82.5dB
- Sound pressure: 98dB
Speaker Driver Information
- Tweeter: 1 fixed flat
- Mid: 0
- Bass: 1 fixed flat (77mm)
Controls & Adjustments
The CF230 is Monitor Audioís most visually discreet speaker system, providing an abundance of design possibilities for integrators, architects and installers. Its ingeniously designed retrofit and pre-construction make it a dream to install, while its C-CAM-based driver array delivers the superb audio this British maker is famed for.
Choose from a beautifully flush fit or discreet, trimless retrofit. Round and square options are on offer, while further choice is provided by the option of ceiling mounting or fitting into a standard stud wall construction.
Used on its own, or in multiples, the CF230 presents beautiful sounding audio from its specially designed coincident driver. Featuring Monitor Audioís innovative C-CAM metal cone technology and housing both the bass-midrange driver and tweeter within a single assembly unit, the result is superb quality sound from an incredibly compact driver.
In a pre-construction set-up, the CFB3-R & CFB3-SQ enable a seamless, flush fit appearance. You get clean lines, with no shadow-creating edges, and paint the grille to match the ceiling and the speaker disappears even further into the background.
The CFB3-KIT retrofit installation kit cleverly provides a firm fixing behind plasterboard/Sheetrock and requires just three screws to complete the fit. Forget cutting out huge chunks of material, and say goodbye to expensive bracket assemblies.
Add a subwoofer and the result is deep bass to further enhance the already impressive sound. Designed specifically for this model, the driver and chassis is a one-piece moulding, which saves space and enables maximum driver size compared to grille size. The completely enclosed rear assembly and its fine mesh prevents ingress of dust and residual building materials.
The CF230ís ability to fit into any environment opens up numerous system possibilities. Available in mono or stereo formations, the CF230 provides consistent coverage in a room of around 3m≤, with a ceiling height of around 2.4m. Itís easy to drive, and its impedance of 8 Ohms means that a single stereo amplifier, such as the Monitor Audio IA150-2, can comfortably power a brace of CF230s.
Journey beyond a four-speaker set-up and a multi-channel amplifier, such as Monitorís own eight-channel A150-8C, works impeccably well. Whatever the size of the space, the CF230 set-up remains compact, whilst sonically covering a wider area than a conventional in-ceiling speaker, saving on cost as well as visual impact.
- Architectural, discreet aperture speaker
- Easier and more economical to install than rivals
- Can be installed in ceilings and standard stud wall construction
- Can be specified for background music system, or 2.1 system with complementary sub-woofer
- High-performance C-CAM bass/mid-range and tweeter drivers
- Coincident driver arrangement - wider dispersion than conventional C.I speakers
- Flush fit or retrofit applications
- Unique, patented retrofit bracket system
- Designed to complement flush fit downlighting systems
- Smaller, higher performance and less costly to install than rivals
- Round and square grille options
- Enclosed unit to stop ingress of dirt and building materials
- High quality 2-way crossover, featuring metallised film capacitors and low loss steel core inductors
Other products you might be interested in
Monitor Audio ICS-8