DISCONTINUED SpeakerCraft MT6 THREE
THIS PRODUCT IS DISCONTINUED AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE SEE THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR A CURRENT ALTERNATIVE.
- Price per speaker: £262.50
- Speaker type: Mono
- Power type: Passive
- Enclosure type: Open design
- Guarantee period: Lifetime
- Music, Home Cinema
- Other applications: Wall
- Alignment with ceiling: Flat
- Visible shape: Rectangular
- Visible colour: White (Paintable)
- Overall dimension: 311mm x 208mm
- Cutout dimension: 268mm x 167mm
- Overall depth: 81mm
- Mounting depth: 81mm
- Frequency range: 40hz - 20khz
- Impedance: 8 - 8 Ohms
- Compatible amplifier: 5 - 125 Watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 90dB
Speaker Driver Information
- Tweeter: 1 pivoting
- Bass: 1 fixed flat (165mm)
Controls & Adjustments
- Frequency Controls: High, Bass
SpeakerCraft were first to create a truly high-end in-wall speaker. Using in-wall speakers for critical listening or as front channels in a home theatre system was not something that many had considered. In developing the MT series, SpeakerCraft engineers virtually re-invented the in-wall speaker, solving the many problems that have traditionally been inherent in their design.
A very unique innovation in the series is the "Uni-Pivot" midrange and tweeter unit. It holds both a tweeter and midrange that can be directed together as one toward the sweet spot in any listening area. The "Uni-Pivot" design smooths out the frequency response and crossover transition. SpeakerCraft have won awards with this design and were not only the first to incorporate the world's first pivoting midrange/tweeter array, but it remains arguably the best sounding today.
On some models, additional refinement of frequency balance can be achieved by pressing the front mounted buttons. The bass, midrange and treble on these models can be independently adjusted up to 6dB, allowing the listener to fine-tune the speaker to any environment.
In developing the MT series, SpeakerCraft didn't stop with the speaker. They realised the biggest problem with in-wall speakers is not the speaker, it's the wall. No other manufacturer has ever addressed the problem of the wall cavity so thoroughly as SpeakerCraft. The end result was the creation of a precision sonic chamber designed to enhance the speakers.
AcoustaCell™, the revolutionary wall dampening system, is a blend of sound absorbing materials that blocks sound passing through drywall, dampens drywall resonance, stops standing waves, blocks Helmholtz resonance and dissipates back waves.
All In-Wall Speakers Feature:
- Aluminium Grilles
- 100% weather- resistant
- Paint masks included
- No mounting brackets required
- Optional Sound Enclosures and New Construction Brackets available
- 165mm Aluminium Cone bass driver with Dual Voice Coil, Filleted Rubber Surround & Phase Plug
- Pivoting 25mm Aluminium Dome Tweeter
- Front-Mounted Buttons Allow for up to ±3dB of Bass and Treble Adjustment
- Timbre-Matched to All Three Series Speakers