DISCONTINUED Monitor Audio CT180-T2
THIS PRODUCT IS DISCONTINUED AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE SEE THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR A CURRENT ALTERNATIVE.
- Price per speaker: £170.00
- Speaker type: Stereo
- Power type: Passive
- Enclosure type: Open design
- Fire rating: UL94/V0
- Guarantee period: 60 months
- Weight: 3kg
- Bathrooms, Kitchen, Music, Bluetooth
- Alignment with ceiling: Flat
- Visible shape: Circular
- Visible colour: White (Paintable)
- Overall diameter: 286mm
- Cutout diameter: 247mm
- Overall depth: 124mm
- Mounting depth: 121mm
- Frequency range: 50hz - 25khz
- Impedance: 6 - 6 Ohms
- Compatible amplifier: 15 - 120 Watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Sound pressure: 111.6dB
Speaker Driver Information
- Tweeter: 2 pivoting
- Bass: 1 fixed flat (203mm)
Controls & Adjustments
- Frequency Controls: High
With an 203mm MMP®II dual wound voice coil bass driver and independent pivoting C-CAM® tweeters, the C180-T2 gives you all the convenience of stereo sound from a single in-ceiling speaker for high quality sound in general applications or where space is at a premium. As part of the 100 Series of installation speakers, it offers the biggest bass driver size of any speaker in its class.
- 2-way design with pivoting C-CAM® tweeters (15 degrees of play).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/-3dB).
- Audio match with BR-CP, Radius-CP, Climate 10 and Bronze BR and Radius Series hi-fi speakers.
- Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Aluminium alloy grille for rust-free performance and longevity. It is magnetic and lightweight.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. A paint mask and additional scrim material are provided for trouble free painting.
- Fire retardant to UL-94 VO rating.
- Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower room or pool areas.
- Features dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Please note: The UL94/V0 Fire rating as advertised by Monitor Audio is a plastics flammability standard released by Underwriters Laboratories of the USA. In simple terms, compliance with the standard ensures that plastic subjected to intense heat, such as with a fire in the home, will melt but not ignite.
Whilst this is a valuable safety feature, it should not be regarded as a measure of fire safety compliance for UK Building Regulations. These require the installation of fire hoods that reinstate the fire barrier of the original ceiling when ceiling speakers are installed beneath a habitable living space. Hoody speaker hoods available on this website meet the requirements of Building Regulations for this purpose.
Other products you might be interested in
Monitor Audio C180-T2